meta: awesome cupcake celebutard international blog Austin Botox How To Be Awesome: Sun Dried Tomatoes Make Me Furious

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sun Dried Tomatoes Make Me Furious



Ok, so here's the deal. On Tuesday, me, Yoli and Knute were out and about doing some stuff. We almost had a car wreck and died. Everyone's ok, but like now I'm thinking about stuff. And you know how I hate that. So turns out that for lunch that same day, we had Italian and I passed on a dish because it had sun dried tomatoes in it. Like why would you dry out a tomato? They are awesome. I can totally see drying a grape (raisin) or a plum (fig) but tomatoes are awesome on their own. So anyway, while the car was spinning around and I was sort of thinking we were going to die, I was going, "Fuck! I should have just told them to substitute fresh tomato and had what I wanted." Not that the gnocchi wasn't awesome, it was. But you guys all know how I love spinach - even after losing Lupe, I still do! So here's the thing, now I'm just thinking about how sun dried tomatoes could have ruined what little time I had left on the world, which really turned out ok, since we just totalled the Range Rover and now I can get a new car!
Also, why are dried grapes "raisins" and dried tomatoes are just "dried tomatoes"? I think they look sort of like a vadge, so you could call them that. "I'll have the polla florentine with vadge." Not that I would do that, since I hate sun dried tomatoes, but you could.
So the other thing I'm thinking about, which I hate, is the whole "What am I doing with my life thing?" (Besides buying a new car! Something awesome, but I don't know what.) Good thing Rhett is in town so I don't have to think for the next couple of weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that tomatoes were considered 'poor folks food' back in the day? They are in the same family as on'a dem poyzinis plants (can't remember which one, just now...)...

Glad to hear you can take a little break from thinking... it'll come to you - and I reckon you're on the right track.

My most spectacular regards - Thomas

mariposagremlin said...

Nightshade... it finally came to me...